PINE ISLAND COMMUNITY CALENDAR GUIDELINES: The Community Calendar has been created to post events occurring within the City of Pine Island to which the general public is invited.
HOW TO POST EVENTS:
Posting announcements on the community calendar is free and available to all who have a Pine Island mailing address. Calendar items can be submitted on the Pine Island Chamber of Commerce website at www.pineislandmnchamber.com. Click on ‘Submit event for the Community Calendar’ and complete the required information fields.
- Event information is limited to 60 words due to space limitations. You are encouraged to provide a link which viewers can click to go to another website for additional information.
- Allow 3 days for posting the calendar event, and please submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the date it is to be held.
- All ads must list the date, time, location, not for profit or business name and other information requested in the required information fields. Provide a link, if available, for viewers to access additional information.
- Non profit events must be free and open to the general public OR must list costs and details of the non-profit organization proceeds will benefit.
- Alcohol may not be mentioned even if it will be available at the event.
- Inappropriate language is not permitted.
FOR PROFIT BUSINESS GUIDELINES:
- Customer appreciation events are acceptable but they must be FREE and open to the general public. Food or other items given away must be free and available to all who attend.
- Charitable benefits held at a business can be posted if the general public is invited and a portion of the proceeds are going to be donated to a benefit.
- Community trade shows/expos can be listed.
- Community promotional events listing businesses involved is permitted. (Ex: Taste of Town)
- For profit businesses are limited to posting 2 charitable events per calendar quarter.
- In-home business, invitation-only parties and for profit advertising events may not be posted.
Notes: Eligibility of postings for the community calendar are monitored by Pine Island city staff and their decisions will be final. These polices will be reviewed in 6 months by the Pine Island Image Committee. For profit postings may be assessed a small fee to support operational costs after November 15, 2013 if necessary.